COURSE TITLE: FATIGUE RISK MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS & SAFETY STAKEHOLDERS
Save the Date!
The next session will be on 1-2 November, 2022 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
in conjunction with the 2022 Ontario Aircraft Maintenance Conference
Maximizing Health, Safety and Productivity with the Latest Fatigue Science
INSTRUCTOR: Clinton Marquardt, Sleep & Fatigue Specialist
“The issue of fatigue risk management has been of particular interest to our clients across all industry sectors in our province. Clinton offered our group his unique perspective and expertise in understanding this critical workplace topic in an interactive, participatory and enjoyable way. Using case examples and the most up-to-date scientific information, Clinton made our workshop both engaging and unforgettable. We look forward to working together again in the near future.” Christina Marshall – Manager, Occupational Health and Safety at Safety Services Newfoundland Labrador, Canada
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS: Everyone feels fatigued now and then. It’s a normal biological state that tells us when we need to sleep. But when it happens in safety critical, high risk, or influential situations, it can lead to negative operational and financial outcomes with often dangerous results. Human fatigue impacts the health, safety and productivity of the 24/7 workforce. It can lead to accidents, incidents, and mistakes that can be costly. This course is designed to provide executives, managers and supervisors with the practical tools and approaches to effectively manage sleep-related fatigue in the workplace and keep employees healthy, safe and productive. Clinton will teach this course from a safety management perspective. THIS COURSE MEETS TRANSPORT CANADA’S NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR FATIGUE RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR FLIGHT CREWS as SPECIFIED IN THE CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS (CARs)
DATE: 1-2 November 2022
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada at the Ontario Aircraft Maintenance Conference
TIME: 08:30 to 16:30
Register for this training and get FREE registration for the Ontario Aircraft Maintenance Conference (2-3Nov22)!
- EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION: $850 CAD
- REGULAR REGISTRATION: $950 CAD
- GROUP RATE: Discounts are available please ask firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGISTRATION & ACCOMMODATION INFO:To be announced
This session will be provided in a small class format to enhance your personal learning experience. But it also means we only have room for a limited number of people. Register today to make sure you get a spot on this special training opportunity!
All of Clinton’s training comes with a One-Year Warranty!
If you need support of any kind related to the training, he will provide it absolutely FREE!
Questions – Clarifications – Pointers?
Clinton will happily help you out.
- We reserves the right to reschedule the program if the number of registrants is insufficient. Should this occur, we will notify all registrants and refund the registration fee in full.
- Any costs incurred by registrants, such as hotel cancellation fees or airline penalties, are the responsibility of the registrants.
- Registrations are transferable.
- Cancellations 10 days prior to the date of the course will incur a $100 administration fee.
- No-shows will be responsible for the full course fee.
MEALS and REFRESHMENTS: Lunch and refreshments are included in the tuition. Please advise Clinton of any food allergies 14 days prior to the course.
CERTIFICATION: All participants who attend the full course will be awarded certificates of completion. A course topic mapping onto the Canadian Aviation Regulations (the CARs) for fatigue risk management training will be provided.
- Types of fatigue
- Defining sleep-related fatigue
- Fatigue and its relationship to sleep
- Types and stages of sleep
- Sleep inertia
- Relationship between sleep quantity & quality
- The 6 fatigue risk factors
- Chrono-types and the relationship to sleep quality
- Fatigue-related safety, health and performance impacts on accidents and incidents
- Self-assessment of sleep problems
- Organizational strategies
- Personal fatigue prevention strategies
- Personal fatigue countermeasures
- Stress and its effects on sleep, stress reduction
AFTER THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss fatigue and its complex relationship with sleep with employees
- Use practical tools to identify the 6 human fatigue risk factors
- Analyze sleep-wake, rostering, and shift-work patterns to determine likelihood of fatigue
- Implement effective countermeasures to reduce the risk of fatigue
- Use effective strategies to reduce the risk of fatigue leading to major human performance issues, mistakes, incidents and accidents
- Understand the difference between fatigue prevention strategies and fatigue countermeasures
- Implement fatigue risk management approaches at an organizational level
- Provide employees with fatigue risk management approaches at an individual level
- Use the content of this training to develop your own in-house training program
- Incorporate the use of bio-mathematical fatigue modeling to reduce the risk of fatigue and performance impairments
- Identify and put into place the most important components of an ideal Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS)
- Use the components of an ideal FRMS to improve the health, safety and productivity of a 24/7 workforce
- Merge an FRMS into an existing SMS
“Right on target for aviation managers. The whole content was useful and pertinent.”
David Arsenault – Base Manager, Canadian Helicopters
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Senior Executives, Managers and Decision Makers
- Fatigue Risk Management Leaders
- Safety Officers and Safety Managers
- Occupational Health and Safety Professionals
- Oil and Gas Professionals
- Transportation regulating agencies and organizations
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) Authorities and Regulators
- Patient Safety and Healthcare Safety Professionals
- Labour Union Representatives
- Human Factors Specialists
- Transportation Professionals
- Quality Assurance Managers and Specialists
- Health and Emergency Services Providers
- Schedulers and Planners
- Safety and Compliance Specialists
ACCOMMODATIONS & PARKING: To be announced
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE: To be announced
Need a fatigue course at your office? It’s easier than you think. Clinton’s courses can be delivered as an “in-service” at your location anywhere in the world to groups of eight or more.
Courses, training, public talks and fatigue information is shared frequently throughout the year. Please sign-up for the newsletter to obtain this information.