COURSE TITLE: FATIGUE RISK MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS & SAFETY STAKEHOLDERS
Maximizing Health, Safety and Productivity with the Latest Human Fatigue Science
INSTRUCTOR: Clinton Marquardt, Human Fatigue Specialist
“The issue of fatigue risk management has been of particular interest to our clients across all industry sectors in our province. Clinton offered our group his unique perspective and expertise in understanding this critical workplace topic in an interactive, participatory and enjoyable way. Using case examples and the most up-to-date scientific information, Clinton made our workshop both engaging and unforgettable. We look forward to working together again in the near future.” Christina Marshall – Manager, Occupational Health and Safety at Safety Services Newfoundland Labrador, Canada
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS: Everyone feels fatigued now and then. It’s a normal biological state that tells us when we need to sleep. But when it happens in safety critical, high risk, or influential situations, it can lead to negative operational and financial outcomes with often dangerous results. Human fatigue impacts the health, safety and productivity of the 24/7 workforce. It can lead to accidents, incidents, and mistakes that can be costly. This course is designed to provide executives, managers and supervisors with the practical tools and approaches to effectively manage sleep-related fatigue in the workplace and keep employees healthy, safe and productive.
DATE: The next session will be scheduled soon….want us to let you know when?
TIME: Two days from 09:00 – 16:00
- EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION: $745 CAD + GST if you register before the deadline.
- REGULAR REGISTRATION: $945 CAD + GST
- GROUP RATE: Discounts are available, please inquire
REFUND POLICY: Refunds are available if requested at least 7 days before the course. A fee of $100 will be applied to cover administrative expenses (e.g., bank fees, printed materials, hotel service charges).
MEALS and REFRESHMENTS: Lunch and refreshments are included in the tuition. Please advise Clinton of any food allergies 14 days prior to the course.
CERTIFICATION: All participants who attend the full course will be awarded certificates of completion.
AFTER THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss fatigue and its complex relationship with sleep with employees
- Use practical tools to identify the 6 human fatigue risk factors
- Analyze sleep-wake, rostering, and shift-work patterns to determine likelihood of fatigue
- Implement effective countermeasures to reduce the risk of fatigue
- Use effective strategies to reduce the risk of fatigue leading to major human performance issues, mistakes, incidents and accidents
- Understand the difference between fatigue prevention strategies and fatigue countermeasures
- Implement fatigue risk management approaches at an organizational level
- Provide employees with fatigue risk management approaches at an individual level
- Incorporate the use of bio-mathematical fatigue modeling to reduce the risk of fatigue and performance impairments
- Identify and put into place the most important components of an ideal Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS)
- Use the components of an ideal FRMS to improve the health, safety and productivity of a 24/7 workforce
- Merge an FRMS into an existing SMS
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Senior Executives, Managers and Decision MakersSafety Officers and Safety Managers
- Occupational Health and Safety Professionals (OSH/OHS)
- Oil and Gas Professionals
- Transportation and manufacturing safety monitoring and regulating agencies and organization
- Manufacturing Professionals
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) Authorities and Regulators
- Patient Safety and Healthcare Safety Professionals
- Labour Union Representatives
- Transportation Professionals
- Quality Assurance Managers and Specialists
- Health and Emergency Services Providers
- Schedulers and Planners
- Safety and Compliance Specialists
ACCOMMODATIONS: More info to come.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE: Contact Clinton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone:
- North America 613-482-0837
- International 00+1-613-482-0837
Need a fatigue course at your office? It’s easier than you think. Clinton’s courses can be delivered as an “in-service” at your location anywhere in the world to groups of eight or more.
Courses, training, public talks and fatigue information is shared frequently throughout the year. Please sign-up for the newsletter to obtain this information.